När och omfattning:
Höstterminen 2014 - en termin, heltid
Info om praktikarbetsplatsen:
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA) is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide. International IDEA’s mission is to support sustainable democratic change by providing comparative knowledge, and assisting in democratic reform, and influencing policies and politics. International IDEA’s Democracy and Development Programme is committed to promoting global policy discussions, knowledge and practical tools to strengthen political institutions. These help to deliver on development, and to promote democracy building in international development efforts. It has three main objectives:
– Strengthen democratic accountability in service delivery;
– Strengthen political institutions in development; and – Strengthen democracy in the new aid architecture.
När? Hur länge? Omfattning?
Autumn semester 2014. One semester. Full time.
Vad innebär praktiken?
As an intern with International IDEA’s Democracy and Development Team, you would get to try a range of different tasks:
– To provide general support in knowledge production within the team’s projects, such as drafting abstracts based on case studies
– To provide general support in advocacy related activities pertaining to the team’s projects, with a particular emphasis on democracy in the post-2015 agenda
– Backstopping in the team’s development of a web platform for a tool developed to assess democratic accountability in service delivery, mainly through identifying and verifying links to be added to the Additional Resources section
– To collect data to fill gaps of emerging publications or advocacy initiatives of the team
– To assist in preparing, running, and following up on meetings and workshops organized by the team
– Competence development will be offered through internal seminars and training sessions
– Pursuing a degree in Social Sciences (political science, political economy, political anthropology, sociology, development studies, and so on)
– Strong analytical, writing and problem-solving skills
– Strong ability to assess, manage and structure information
– Ability to appreciate diversity and work as part of a team in such an environment
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office package
– Fluent English required (reading, drafting, and presentation skills)
Spanish or French language skills
Social media skills
The intern has to be enrolled in a Swedish university or college and enrolled in a specific internship course offered by most universities in Sweden (are often included in bachelor and master programs) which allows the student university credits for the internship and full insurance coverage.
Please find more information about the team and our projects here: http://www.idea.int/development/index.cfm
IDEA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality. More than 50 nationalities work at HQ and in our regional and country offices.