Längd / Omfattning:
En termin / Heltid
Info om praktikarbetsplatsen:
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA) is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide.
International IDEA’s mission is to support sustainable democratic change by providing comparative knowledge, and assisting in democratic reform, and influencing policies and politics.
International IDEA’s Political Parties, Representation and Participation programme (PPRP) focuses primarily on producing and providing comparative knowledge that helps democratic functioning of political parties, old and new, to be responsible for inclusive and accountable representation. The Institute facilitates the adoption of knowledge in areas such as the improvement of legal frame-works, the effects of money on politics, strengthening internal party structures, fostering programmatic development, promoting inter-party cooperation through dialogue, and addressing the emerging challenges to democratic representation.
PPRP is part of the Global Programme at International IDEA’s Head Office and works in close collaboration with other International IDEA regional and country offices and thematic teams.
Internship assignement (work tasks)
As an intern with International IDEA’s Political Parties, Representation and Participation Team, you would get to try a range of different tasks:
– To provide general support in knowledge production within the team’s projects, such as drafting abstracts based on case studies, assist in minor research assignments such as literature reviews
– To provide general support in advocacy related activities pertaining to the team’s projects
– Support the team in the conceptualization and drafting of concept notes and background notes for the team´s activities
– To collect data to fill gaps of emerging publications, databases or advocacy initiatives of the team
– To assist in preparing, running, and following up on meetings and events organized by the team
Competence development will be offered through internal seminars and training sessions.
Length and scope of the internship
Fall semester 2017. Entire semester. Full time.
– Pursuing a degree in Social Sciences (political science, political economy, political anthropology, sociology, development studies, and so on) at Master’s level
– Strong analytical, writing and problem-solving skills
– Strong ability to assess, manage and structure information
– Ability to appreciate diversity and work as part of a team in such an environment
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office package
– Fluent English required (reading, drafting, and presentation skills)
– Spanish or French language skills
– Social media skills
This internship is part of FUFs Internship Program. This means that alongside the internship at International IDEA, the intern is also going to attend various courses and seminars including a preparatory course, networking events and career tips. Learn more about the Internship Program HERE.
The intern must be enrolled in an internship course offered by a Swedish university and be eligible to receive credits (ECTS) for the internship. The intern must also be insured through the university.