När och omfattning:
HT18 - en termin, heltid
Info om praktikarbetsplatsen:
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA) is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide.
International IDEA’s mission is to support sustainable democratic change by providing comparative knowledge, and assisting in democratic reform, and influencing policies and politics.
International IDEA’s Political Parties, Representation and Participation programme (PPRP) focuses primarily on producing and providing comparative knowledge that helps democratic functioning of political parties, old and new, to be responsible for inclusive and accountable representation. The Institute facilitates the adoption of knowledge in areas such as the improvement of legal frame-works, the effects of money on politics, strengthening internal party structures, fostering programmatic development, promoting inter-party cooperation
Internship assignment (work tasks):
As an intern with International IDEA’s Political Parties, Representation and Participation Team, you would get to try a range of different tasks:
• Support research on new forms of citizen engagement in public decision-making and the interface with formal democratic institutions, processes and political leaders
• Analyses policy documents and legal texts, with the purpose of collecting and reviewing data on new/alternative forms of citizen engagement, such as social media platforms, protests and popular movements.
• Assists with research and fact checking for International IDEA materials and background information on alternative avenues and mechanisms of citizen engagement;
• Assists in the organization and the follow-up of conferences, events and activities, including assisting with reporting, note taking and some logistical tasks
• Provides desk research and contributes for the conceptualization of other new and ongoing projects within the Political Parties and Representation unit
• Actively includes a gender perspective in all activities.
• Performs any other duties as requested by the Senior Programme Manager and/or any other person designated by him/her; and
Length and start date of the internship:
Fall semester 2018, starting date end August/early September
• Pursuing a degree in Social Sciences (political science, political economy, political anthropology, sociology, development studies, and so on) at Master’s level
• Strong analytical, writing and problem-solving skills
• Strong ability to assess, manage and structure information
• Ability to appreciate diversity and work as part of a team in such an environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office package
• Fluent English required (reading, drafting, and presentation skills)
• Spanish or French language skills
• Social media skills
International students are welcome to apply
This internship is part of FUFs Internship Program. This means that alongside the internship at FCG Sweden, the intern is also going to attend various courses and seminars including a preparatory course, networking events and career tips. Learn more about the Internship Program HERE. The intern must be enrolled in an internship course offered by a Swedish university and be eligible to receive credits (ECTS) for the internship. The intern must also be insured through the university.