När och omfattning:
Höstterminen 2015 - en termin, heltid
Info om praktikarbetsplatsen:
Owned entirely by employees, ORGUT is an independent service provider in international development cooperation. As an international actor for the past 40 years, ORGUT has a global reach of 90 countries in Europe, Africa, Middle-East, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. Building better livelihoods is the vision of our work. We support institutions, organisations and citizens in developing their capacities to lead pro-poor and inclusive reform and implementation efforts. ORGUT is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. We ensure that our own internal management processes meet international quality standards in all our projects. Our organisation is backed by a strong financial management system which supports efficient administration and fund management.
ORGUT delivers a wide range of services within multiple practices to support our vision:
– Formulation and Design
– Implementation and Project Management
– Fund Management
– Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
Our services are delivered within a range of practices covering:
– Inclusive and pro-poor market development
– Value chain development in agriculture and forestry
– Capacity building in international standards to promote private sector development
– Skills development and employment
– Water resources management and climate change adaptation
– Sustainable land administration and support for land rights
– Development finance to implement and mainstream financial instruments
– Public sector administration and support for good governance
Our organisation is based with its Head Office in Stockholm, Sweden.
Vad innebär praktiken?
An internship at ORGUT provides insight into the business activities of a commercial service provider in international development cooperation. ORGUT is staffed with senior advisors and management personnel ready to provide guidance and support during the internship period.
The intern will be placed at the Market Department to 1) support business development and tendering, and 2) administration of assignments under Sida and EU Framework contracts. The tasks will include, but not be limited to:
1) Support business development and tendering through consultant candidate recruitment for various project, develop CVs of selected candidates, preparation of project references and other text and in general contribute to and support all aspects of writing and compiling tenders.
2) Administration of assignments under Sida and EU Framework contracts including monitoring and processing of incoming call-off inquiries from Sida and EU. As part of the response process coordinate email correspondence with consultants and consortium partners; candidate search; review of CVs; support in calculating budgets; support in developing the work plan; support in compiling the call-off response and submission to Sida and EU within the deadline.
In addition, the intern may support on other ongoing projects as need arises. The internship might include travelling to some of our projects.
När? Hur länge? Omfattning?
Höstterminen 2015. En termin. Heltid.
Applying candidates must demonstrate:
– Relevant academic education
– Interest in and knowledge about development cooperation
– Fluency in Swedish and English
– Solid competence in working with Microsoft Office
– Highly motivated, self-driven and prepared to take on a variety of tasks
– Experience of working with international development at a consulting firm, Sida or other organisations
– Experience of project management and knowledge of the project management cycle
– Knowledge of other languages than Swedish and English is a merit.
För att söka praktiken måste du vara inskriven som student vid svenskt universitet/högskola och läsa en 30 hp praktikkurs. Du ska kunna tillgodoräkna dig praktiken som högskolepoäng och vara försäkrad genom universitetet/högskolan. Platsen går endast att söka via FUF.